Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ore Bridge Crane PT 2

I'm starting on the details with the addition of the dock overhang that will be modeled up.  I've fist cleaned up rail ends on the bridge and added alignment pins for the rails. I used a few parts from the left over parts in the ore bridge kit.  The walkways are made from Plano walkways kit #100.  The reason I used the Plano kit and not the builder sheet material was a personal taste.  I don't like the edge you get when you cut your pieces from the sheet.  With the walkways you get a clean edge that is worth the extra cost if you ask me. 


On the ore bridge I had to add the face that has a hing to hold the overhang.  I used a channel over the end of the last beam and that gave me a flush area to work from.  When the overhang is down it rest against the new edge well but for my model the overhang will be modeled up only if I can't figure a way to make so it can move.  Not sure I want to waste time on that for now.

The overhang attached to test alignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment